Respecting your data since conception.
Last modified: January 18, 2019
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or through services operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates); or
- any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
“Personal Information” does not include “aggregated information”, which is information that relates to a group or category of individuals, from which individual personal identities have been removed, that is not linked or reasonably linkable to any particular individual, including via a device. “Device” means any physical object that is capable of connecting to the Internet, directly or indirectly, or to another device. “Aggregate information” does not mean one or more individual records that have been deidentified.
“Personal Information” also does not include “deidentified” information, which means information that cannot reasonably identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to a particular individual, and which is incapable of becoming, or which Company prohibits or prevents from later becoming, reidentified.
Our Website, Products and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website, Products or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, or to or through our Products or Services, or on or through any of their features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us (see How To Contact Us below).
We may collect personal information (1) from or about you, and (2) from or about your electronic devices and the equipment and services you use to access our Website and Services. We may collect this information in a variety of ways including:
From or about you
Directly from you:
Online: When you provide it to us through our Website, Products and Services, social media pages, email messages, texts, software applications, and other digital services. For example, we may collect information that you provide to us when you register for an Account with our Website or Services, purchase a Product, subscribe to a Service, register your Product with your Account (including by scanning a QR code from the Product), sign up for an electronic newsletter, fill out a form requesting information or other services, send us an email or other electronic communication, enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, respond to an electronic survey that we might ask you to complete for research purpose, enter information when using interactive features on our Website or through our Services (including search query features, geolocation tagging features, social media features, product review features, comment submission features and other interactive features).
User Contributions: You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, visit our booth at a trade show, place an order over the phone, or contact our sales department, customer service department and/or other Company agents or representatives, request a service or repair of a Product, and/or submit or send in a Product or Service for repair, refund, or replacement.
From or as a result of your Product and/or Services service history:
In order to facilitate the servicing, repair, replacement and/or return of your Product and/or Service, we may collect and process data about the service history of your Product and/or Service, such as your name, Product and/or Service identification number, version number, model number, servicing/repair/replacement/return history, any bills due, any customer-provided comments or information associated with the servicing, repair, replacement and/or return of your Product and/or Service, and/or any customer service representative and/or repair technician comments or supplementary details related to the servicing, repair, replacement and/or return of your Product and/or Service, and any other information related to its service history.
From 3rd-party sources:
We may collect information about you that we receive from other sources, such as public databases, marketing partners, enterprise partners, business partners, third-party service providers, and social media platforms.
From or about your electronic device
Through your browser or electronic device:
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device (i.e., your mobile device such as your smartphone or tablet, or your computer), such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer/phone/tablet type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, the name, model and version of Skyhawk Products and Services you are using. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and web beacons. We use this information to ensure that your Products and Services function properly.
Through your Products and Services:
Certain information is collected as a requirement for the functionality of your Products and Services, including, for example, to facilitate communication of messages and alerts between our Products, our Services, and remote customer and/or customer-designated notification recipient devices over one or more of an LTE cellular network, the Internet, and/or other networks. Information that is collected may include the name, model and version of your Skyhawk Products and Services, hardware and software identification and version numbers of hardware and software installed on your Product(s), sensor and electrical system status and information of your Product(s), battery charge level of your Product(s), battery use management information of your Product(s), usage details, IP addresses, proximate cell tower locations, data regarding the performance, usage, operation and condition of your Products or Services, and other data to assist in identifying issues and analyzing and/or improving the performance of our Product and/or Services. We use this information to ensure that your Products and Services function properly and to improve our Products and Services.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Services (such as the Skyhawk Commander app), we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, approximate location data (such as IP address or proximate cell-tower location information), logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See Rights and Choices below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Improve our Products and Services.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file, segment of code, or piece of information stored directly in the memory of your computer. Cookies permit the Company, for example, to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Website, pages visited, language preferences and other web traffic data, which the Company and its service providers may use for security purposes, to facilitate online navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience on the Website, and to otherwise analyze user activity.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files and/or segments of code known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, single-pixel gifs, tracking pixels, web tags, page tags, tracking code, tracking tags, and web bugs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Except as described above and below, we may use or share aggregated or deidentified information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, such as for operational, analytical or research purposes, to improve or modify our Website, Products and Services, and where legally required.
Except as otherwise described herein, and subject to your Rights And Choices, we may use your personal information that we collect as follows:
To communicate with you, including:
- To present to you our Website, Products and Services, including their contents, and to enhance your experience when using them.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, e.g., to process your payments, fulfill your requests for managing your Products and Services, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service.
- To provide you with notices about your Account and your Products and Services, including expiration, renewal, and recommended service notices, and information regarding your Products and Services.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you product information, information alerts, information about events, newsletters or brochures;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To set up, evaluate, and provide feedback regarding your use of our Website, and/or your Products and Services.
- To advise you of important safety-related information about your Products and Services.
- To notify you about changes to our Website, any Products or Services we offer or provide though it, or our terms, conditions, and policies regarding use of our Website, and your Products and Services.
- To contact you to present offers and information about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- To allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
- To facilitate social sharing and communications functionality.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, or in any other way we may describe when you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
To provide and improve our Website, Products and Services, including:
- To monitor your Product’s performance and provide Services related to your Product.
- To provide service to your Product, such as to deliver over-the-air updates to your Product.
- To develop and promote new Products and Services, and to improve or modify our existing Products and Services.
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our Products and Services.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
We may disclose aggregated and deidentified information about our users without restriction.
We may share personal information amongst ourselves, with 3rd-party service providers and business partners, authorized third parties, and to satisfy legal obligations.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company or its affiliates or business partners, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about users of our Website, Products and/or Services is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you submit a review of our Products and/or Services, we may publish your name, city and state and the contents of that review online.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
3rd-party service providers and business partners.
We may share information with our 3rd-party service providers and business partners when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf, such as in the following circumstances:
- With our third party service providers to provide services such as website hosting, Cloud services, data analysis and storage, payment processing, order fulfillment, app distribution, wireless connectivity to our Products, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, Product or Service design, Product or Service diagnostics, maintenance or related services, e-mail delivery, SMS text delivery, in-app notification delivery, credit card processing, auditing, marketing, analytics and other similar services.
- With other third party business partners to the extent that they are involved in the order, purchase, servicing, repair or other processing of your Products and/or Services.
- With your employer or other fleet operator or the owner of your Product and/or Service, if your employer owns it, directly or indirectly, and as authorized under applicable law.
Authorized Third Parties.
We may share information with other third parties you authorize, such as in the following circumstances:
- With retail Partners through which you purchase our Products and/or Services, where we do not directly sell you the Products and/or Services.
- With third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions, if you elect to participate.
For Legal Obligations.
We may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, a court order, a subpoena, a law, a legal process, and including to respond to any government or regulatory request), in the following circumstances:
- when we believe in good faith that the law requires it;
- in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements;
- to verify or enforce our policies and procedures;
- to respond to an emergency;
- to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or
- to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our Products and Services, the Company, third parties, visitors, or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
We do not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes unless you opt in to that sharing.
If you wish to opt out of any processing of information for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent, you may do so by following the instructions in the Rights And Choices section or by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We may rely on various legal grounds to collect, use, and otherwise process your information, including: your consent; that the information is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; to comply with a legal obligation; to protect your, or someone else’s vital interests; or for a legitimate interest that is balanced against your rights and interests. These legitimate interests may include Company’s interest in improving its Website, Products and Services, enhancing safety and security, protecting Company or its business partners against wrongful conduct, and responding to customer inquiries and claims. Where applicable, we will inform you whether and why we need certain information from you, for example, whether we need the information to fulfill a legal or contractual requirement and what the consequences are of not providing the information.
You have choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of information from or about you or your use of our Website, Products or Services. These include:
- Configuring your browser to decline or accept cookies.
- Opting out of analytics or tracking tools.
- Opting out of certain electronic communications or promotional calls.
- Opting out of other types of data processing for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent.
This section further explains the rights and choices that may apply depending on your jurisdiction.
Receiving electronic communications from us: If you do not want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us, you may opt out of receiving them by disabling the marketing setting in your Account when you log in to your Account through the Website or Skyhawk Commander app, or by following the opt-out instructions in any marketing e-mail received from us or by contacting us at the address below. Please note that we may still send you important administrative and safety messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing e-mails.
Receiving marketing-related calls from us: If you receive a marketing-related call from us and do not want to receive similar calls in the future, simply ask to be placed on our “do not call” list. Please note that we may still call you regarding administrative, safety, or product service issues even if you opt out of receiving marketing calls.
Cookies and Tracking
For information about how to manage cookies in your browser, refer to the online help associated with your particular browser. You may find helpful information about managing cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes collected information to track and examine the use of our Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use collected information to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Google AdWords conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Google Inc. that connects data from the Google AdWords advertising network with actions performed on our Website.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Hotjar is a session recording and heat mapping service provided by Hotjar Ltd. Hotjar honors generic “Do Not Track” headers. This means the browser can tell its script not to collect any of the User’s data. This is a setting that is available in all major browsers. Find Hotjar’s opt-out information here.
Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that we use to measure the success of the ads we place on Facebook and to build target groups for ads.
- Data processed: Usage data, metadata; if users are registered with Facebook, the data is linked to their Facebook profiles and data belonging to them (in particular inventory data).
- Through Facebook Pixel, Facebook collects:
- Http Headers– Anything present in HTTP headers. HTTP Headers are a standard web protocol sent between any browser request and any server on the internet. HTTP Headers include IP addresses, information about the web browser, page location, document, referrer and person using the website.
- Pixel-specific Data– Includes Pixel ID and the Facebook Cookie.
- Button Click Data– Includes any buttons clicked by site visitors, the labels of those buttons and any pages visited as a result of the button clicks.
Your Access to Your Information
In certain jurisdictions you may have the rights to request access to and receive information about certain information we maintain about you; update and correct inaccuracies in that information; have the information restricted or deleted; object or withdraw your consent to certain uses of information; and lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. You may also have the right to data portability with regard to the data you provided to us. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law.
You have several methods to exercise your rights, including:
- You can access your Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- If you would like to exercise your rights in relation to information from or about you, you may contact us at the address below.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have the information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of the information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, or we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping or legal compliance purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
If you sell or transfer your Product to another person, please notify us so that we can determine whether additional steps are required to help safeguard information from or about you from disclosure to the purchaser or transferee of the Product.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into your Account and visiting your account profile page.
You may also contact us using one of the contact methods below to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- via phone at 1-866-830-5870 x1
- via mail at Pica Product Development, LLC, Attn: Privacy, 4 Ash Street Extension, Derry, NH 03038
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.